Promotion to Higher Class of Membership
25. (1) A person cannot be promoted to second degree membership, third degree membership or fourth degree membership without the prior written agreement of the fifth degree member and of a majority of the fourth degree members.
(2) A person cannot be promoted to fifth degree membership without the prior written agreement of two-thirds of the fourth degree members.
(3) An honorary life member cannot agree to the promotion of a person to a higher degree of membership while the member whose agreement is needed is in prison or in detention or serving in the military or subject to a guardianship order or otherwise subject to government coercion.
(4) Once the necessary written agreement of honorary life members is obtained, the management committee may by resolution promote a person to a higher degree of membership.
(5) The purported promotion of a member to a higher degree of membership in breach of this rule is null and void.