Termination of Membership
26. (1) The membership in the party of a first degree member may be terminated by the management committee without cause.
(2) The membership in the party of a second degree member or a third degree member may be terminated by the management committee for a good reason, after affording the member an opportunity to show cause why his or her membership should not be terminated.
(3) A first degree member, a second degree member or a third degree member may resign from the party, by letter in writing to the management committee, but the resignation shall not take effect until eighteen months after the resignation was received by the party.
(4) A resignation is not effective if it is made by an attorney or other representative.
(5) An honorary life member leaves the party only if he or she is legally declared dead and is actually dead or resigns from the party by a letter witnessed by a notary public.
(6) The membership of a member other than an honorary life member automatically terminates if the membership fee for the member is not paid by the due date, but the member shall remain a member until such time as his or her name is removed from the register of members by resolution of the management committee.
(7) Membership cannot be inherited, and the right to vote or otherwise participate ceases when a member dies.