Register of Members
28. (1) The management committee of the party shall keep a register of members, containing:
- the information that is required to be given in an application for membership;
- the date of the member joining the party;
- the date to which the member’s membership is paid up; and
- the member’s class of membership.
(2) The management committee of a branch of the party shall keep a register of members of the branch with the same information about each member of the branch as in the party’s register.
(3) The management committee of the party and of a branch shall keep the information in their register of members correct and up-to-date.
(4) By becoming a member, the member authorises the party to make inquiries to determine the correctness of the information in the register of members, and authorises other persons and organisations to provide the correct information to the party concerning the member.
(5) Access to information in the register of members of the party or a branch of the party shall be only to honorary life members or as permitted by the management committee of the party or the relevant branch.