29. (1) The management committee of the party and of a branch of the party shall have a chairman, who may be male or female, and, subject to the resolutions of the management committee of the party or branch, whose role shall be:
- to manage the promotional activities of the party or branch and supervise the candidates and staff concerned with promotional activities;
- to preside at general meetings of the party or branch as well as at meetings of the management committee and at meetings of any subcommittees of which the chairman is a member;
- to manage the income and property of the party or branch; and
- such other functions as the management committee by resolution decides.
(2) The chairman shall be ex officio the managing director and company secretary and shall have custody of the books and documents of the party or branch unless the management committee passes a resolution to the contrary.