Decisions by Conference
41. (1) A decision of the management committee of the party or a branch or a subcommittee is taken in accordance with this rule when eligible committee members having between them the majority of the votes indicate to each other by any means that they support the decision.
(2) Any member of the management committee may propose a motion, and the motion does not need to be seconded.
(3) A motion may be carried on a show of hands if it appears to the chairman that, if a poll was conducted, the motion would be carried.
(4) Any member of the management committee may demand a poll on a motion.
(5) References in this rule to an eligible committee member are to a committee member who is not precluded from voting on the matter because of a conflict of interest.