63. (1) A prospective candidate must pay a franchise fee to be eligible to be endorsed by the party.
(2) In the absence of a resolution to the contrary, the franchise fee shall be:
- for the first or second place on the Senate or Upper House ticket, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars;
- for third and subsequent places on the Senate or Upper House ticket that are contested by members of the party's youth wing, no charge;
- for other seats, Two Hundred and Fifty Thousand Dollars.
(3) The fact that the franchise fee is in this constitution referred to as a franchise fee does not mean it is in the nature of a franchise fee, but it should be considered as a donation.